When: 5th – 10th August 2016
Group size: 5-8 people
How much: $1850* ($300 deposit to secure your booking).
Dates: Written submissions and full payment due 5 July.
- Five nights’ accommodation in a Rainforest Lodge Mountain View room
- All tuition (5 morning workshops, from 9-12)
- Personal feedback on written work submitted beforehand (up to 5000 words).
- Welcome drinks and dinner at the Rainforest Bar
- Five buffet breakfasts in the Rainforest Retreat Guesthouse
- Three 3-course dinners in the Rainforest Retreat Guesthouse
- Final night sunset drinks and nibbles at Moonlight Crag (set upon a 500m clifftop overlooking the Lost World Rainforest and MacPherson Ranges), followed by a private dinner in the Mountain View dining room
- Guided early morning bird walk
- Guided morning canopy treetop walk
- Glow worms guided night walk
- A winetasting tour at Canungra Valley Vineyard
- FREE Wi-Fi
- Tea, coffee, and biscuits during session.
- Gorgeous walks, scenery, and Gondwanaland remnants on tap
The retreat is suitable for writers at all levels. It focuses on place, and capturing the natural world on the page, whether in fiction, nonfiction, memoir, travel writing or poetry – but the content will be tailored to suit the writing needs of participants.
Workshops will cover: research, plot and structure, writing practice, character in place, setting, description, and developing a novel from a messy manuscript to a polished draft to submit to publishers. I use a mixture of tuition, practical writing exercises, and writing examples, with plenty of opportunity for group discussion.
Transfers are available from Gold Coast Airport at an additional cost (tbc).
*If you would prefer to stay in a newly-appointed Villa, which has a full kitchen, and self-cater (other than the welcome and final dinners), the total cost would be $2630. The villas have two-bedrooms and two-bathrooms, so if you wanted to share with another writer, or bring a writing pal, the total cost would be $1640 per person.
Deposits are fully refundable until 5 July.
There is a restaurant, bar, café and small store on site.
Please email me with any questions.
White Beech by Germaine Greer
Green Mountains by Bernard O’Reilly.