We’ll be ‘glamping’ at The Escape, at Shallow Crosssing, near Bateman’s Bay, on the south coast of NSW. It’s a beautiful, wild setting: river frontage, amid a forest of spotted gums and cycads. The accommodation is glamorous and … the food to die for.
It’s an immersion in nature, and writing about place - whether you’re dreaming of being the next Annie Dillard or Barry Lopez, wanting to write waves like Winton, or perhaps just wanting to sharpen your activist pencil to save your local environment.
There are five tents up for grabs, either for single or share occupancy, so a maximum of ten places for residential writers.
The cost is $1995 per person (single occupancy)
or $1607 per person (twin or double share).
- all tuition (four morning workshops and one full-day workshop – held in the studio)
- one-on-one feedback on writing submitted beforehand
- 5 nights accommodation
- drinks and nibbles on arrival
- all meals & soft drinks
- morning teas
- half day nature walk with Yuin Nation elder, Noel Butler
- evening fireside concert with local musician Roddy Reason
- access to retreat kayaks.
Non-residential nature writers will be able to attend a one-day workshop on Thursday 23rd October (10am-5pm), including lunch and morning tea, for $125.
More information is available here:
For bookings, please email email@example.com